Thursday, December 17, 2015

Fitzpatrick Uses Challenge To His Advantage In Sheriff Race

The Tulsa World published this pic of Jackson arguing
his case at the Tulsa Election Board. Fitzpatrick
(foreground) and his attorney waited to rebut the charges.
  Tulsa Sheriff candidate, John Fitzpatrick received a unanimous vote from the panel which heard the case brought by rival, Jason Jackson, this morning.  In a previous interview, Fitzpatrick even went so far as to challenge the capacity of Jason Jackson to uphold the state statutes prudently.

Here's Fitzpatrick's released statement, upon the election board's decision...
"I am very pleased that the challenge to my candidacy was defeated this morning in a unanimous vote by the Tulsa County Election Board."
- Officer John Fitzpatrick
  "I am very pleased that the challenge to my candidacy was defeated this morning in a unanimous vote by the Tulsa County Election Board. As I have said before, the challenge was political gamesmanship and a waste of his money and my time. I am very pleased with my attorney, Don Lepp, of The Drummond Law Firm for his skillful argument of the matters of law. Don dismissed the challenger and his challenge with ease and effectiveness. 
  Now it is on the victory in March and April. I am resting my candidacy on the powerful fact that I am the most qualified candidate in the field. There is not another candidate that has any experience running or leading an organization the size and complexity of the TCSO. I have that experience and leadership experience. My business experience and military background gives me a unique position in the race and now that the Election Board has ruled that I am indeed qualified to run we can bring it home."
  Jason Jackson's challenge of two other candidates has been upheld. Arthur Jackson and Henry Jones are removed from eligibility.
  Tom Helm also challenged the eligibility of Erich Richter. He was also ruled ineligible, this morning.
  The net result of today's rulings mean that Rex Berry is the only Democrat candidate and will now be spared a primary election.

Jackson's campaign has not yet issued a statement.



submit to reddit

No comments :

Post a Comment