Sunday, August 16, 2015

Memorial For Journalist, Reid Mullins


  Thursday was a huge day in Oklahoma politics. But at the time, we didn't all know just how big it was. A major campaign swing from a conservative presidential candidate captured most of the headlines as he conducted 3 huge events.
Reid Mullins was a son of the Sooner state. A big fan of his local Putnam City traditions and a scholar of communications at Oklahoma University
  But far away from the crowds, on a quiet hospital bed, Oklahoma Journalist, Reid Mullins, left us. Reid was a big part of the media coverage of Oklahoma government and national political news. His commitment to the vocation of media distribution was unwavering to his final days.
  His career spanned decades and his passion for his media vocation never ceased.  He didn't talk about his ailments if he could help it; but this time he signed off and departed to where the angels join in eternal resonance.  Reid reported. He didn't try to become the story or exploit frivolous drama.
  Reid Mullins was a son of the Sooner state. A big fan of his local Putnam City traditions and a scholar of communications at Oklahoma University.
  Michelle and Reid were married in 1996. They continued to live in central Oklahoma and Reid became known in Oklahoma for his contributions at area media outlets.  Health issues became an increasing challenge in recent months, until Thursday's struggle came to an end.  He was blessed to have his loved ones' care.

Michelle posted an update to social media in the final hours;

"  This is Reid's wife, Michelle (or Mrs. M). I wanted to get some sad news out about Reid. He is very ill and was admitted to the ICU yesterday. (We cannot accept hospital visitors at this time.) He's dealing with liver failure, kidney failure, jaundice, pneumonia, and some other things. He's in critical condition. I have asked the Lord for his will to be done but prayed that his will would be a miracle. Please help get a prayer chain going to lift Reid up and ask for his healing. We don't have much time. I hate to say that here but I want everyone to know how critical this is and pray. I'm returning people's calls and texts as I can. Please pray. I will update as often as I can. — with Michelle Mullins.
" August 12 at 11:00pm 
Later, Michelle made the announcement to Reid's many friends
" On Thursday, August 13th, at 11:02 pm, my sweet husband and best friend, Reid Mullins, went to be with the Lord. As many of you know, he has lived with debilitating pain for many years. At this very moment, he is completely free of all pain as he lays in the arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Funeral details coming. — with Michelle Mullins.
" August 14 at 5:21am · Oklahoma City, OK ·
The outpouring of expressions in social media have been great, and Michelle Mullins took a moment to reply to them;
"  Hi there everyone, this is Mrs M. again.I've so enjoyed reading some of your memories of my sweet Reid Mullins. I also appreciate your continued prayers for me and his family. Ruby Sue is confused and depressed. I'm trying to help her through this as best I can. I will have funeral details tomorrow for all of you. In the meantime, I'd love to hear any stories or memories you have. Something he spoke about on air or just what he meant to you. I want to make something special with your help. Your stories help me heal and I think the whole family would love seeing him through your eyes. He loved what he did and loved talking to you. I'd love to hear from you too. Thank you and we'll talk soon. — with Michelle Mullins." August 15 at 2:26am
In recent hours, Michelle confirmed the following memorial plans.. 
I have info on services for Reid Mullins. There will be a viewing Monday night (8/17) from 6-8 pm at Guardian West Funeral Home on 42nd and McArthur.  The funeral will be on Tuesday (8/18) at 2 pm at Heritage Baptist Church at 14317 N. Council."
" Condolences may be offered at www.guardianwestfuneralchapel.com. If you have any memories stories, funny things, or just what Reid meant to you, I'd appreciate you going to this link and entering those. So many of you have mentioned things in emails, texts and posts. I have not gotten to read them all but the funeral home will make me a book to read later. I'd love to have those in there so I can have this precious book later."


" The outpouring of love has been so wonderful. Reid touched so many people. He always joked he had "2 listeners and 1 was his mom". You all are a blessing to me and I love hearing your stories. Thank you — with Michelle Mullins."
" August 16 at 6am

David Van Risseghem

submit to reddit

No comments :

Post a Comment