Thursday, April 30, 2015

Learning When To Shut Up

  I had a dose of reality, today.
  I had to face some folks whom I had unfairly harmed by repeating an unfounded rumor on social media. I deserved every bit of it. I apologized directly and I hope to regain their trust. I will have to earn it.
  Oklahoma Republicans have just come through a challenging time of selecting party leadership. In my reporting about the events, I went too far.
  I am sorry to have harmed the reputations of some hard-working Republicans and I learned that there is a big responsibility which comes with publishing.
And everyone's now asking; "Whom did he what, about?"
Well, if you read the thread, you will find my retraction and the names of those I impugned. If not, I would rather that you remain unaware of the rumor; since it may add more harm to them.

David Van Risseghem
submit to reddit
" I apologized directly and I hope to regain their trust. "

No comments :

Post a Comment